add a function to filter letters combinations
(03-28-2024, 08:06 PM)Chick3nman Wrote: Unfortunately, Snoopy is likely correct about the performance impacts. A significant portion of the speed of hashcat in mask/bruteforce mode comes from being able to generate and distribute work extremely quickly across the computing device(s). Introducing a filtering step like this has been tried a few times and the performance penalty is usually pretty significant.

If your intent is just to reduce the amount of "non-human" looking candidates, then the markov chains and markov cutoff that are already implemented may already do what you are looking for. We order keyspace using the markov chains specifically to test "nonsense" candidates later or, with the cutoff, not at all.

thank you for the clarification. I said that because everytime I look at the combinations being tested , I always see nonsense like "hjdnudsn", with 3 consonants one after the other, or 2 consonants that in no way would be part of an actual word.

Messages In This Thread
RE: add a function to filter letters combinations - by amantelli - 04-10-2024, 11:44 AM