What cloud provider do you use for hashcat?
From what I can tel it’s against most providers ToS even if it’s for educational purposes or your own hash. Linode will only give you GPU after being a paying customer for several months and you have to request to have an upgrade in what you can run - you can’t just pay premium for a month and use it.
I often hear online that if dictionary attacks aren’t working or you want to try brute forcing that you just use cloud GPU but it’s not clear who actually allows it. Is there a provider that explicitly allows it and is known like how Mullvad allow crypto payment, or do you just contact them all? How you did you find your cloud provider for using tools like hashcat?
Google Cloud explicitly forbids hash cracking but most other cloud providers will allow you to run Hashcat. The most common is vast.ai, you can even pay in crypto if you want. Either way, you can often just use your own local hardware. It's rare that you *need* to rent a cloud GPU
(05-09-2024, 10:50 AM)penguinkeeper Wrote:
Google Cloud explicitly forbids hash cracking but most other cloud providers will allow you to run Hashcat. The most common is vast.ai,  you can even pay in crypto if you want. Either way, you can often just use your own local hardware. It's rare that you *need* to rent a cloud GPU
many thanks. I got it.